You will find my prices to be equal to, or lower than what is charged by other plating service vendors.
- Complete Razor - Bright Nickel Replating $55 USD
- Complete Razor - Silver Replating $80 USD
- Complete Razor - 24k Gold Replating $85 USD
- Complete Razor - Rose Gold $90 USD
- Complete Razor - Rhodium Replating $120 USD - Temporarily Unavailable*
- Complete Razor - Black Rhodium Replating $120 USD - Temporarily Unavailable*
- Custom Replating - quoted by request
- Razor Head (base plate & top cap) – Bright Nickel Replating $35 USD
- Handles only – Bright Nickel Replating $30 USD
- Blade Banks - Bright Nickel Replating $40 USD
- Razor Head or Handle replating in gold or rhodium can be quoted by request
* Rhodium prices have increased to the point that it is unaffordable to offer this service until the market price for rhodium has corrected to “normal” levels. At this time, I would have to charge at least 2x more than usual for rhodium plating. That is not a good deal for anyone! June 12, 2020
***Effective 1/24/17, RazorPlate will no longer offer plating service for the Gillette Toggle razor.
***Effective 5/1/16, all replating work for Gillette British Aristocrats and TTO models ("numbered" razors, such as #15, #16, #19, #47, Rocket, Aristocrat Jr., etc.) and 1930s USA Aristocrats will incur a $30 upcharge.
No service offered for chrome-plated, single edge (SE) razors, such as GEM, Ever-Ready, etc. These razors require far too much labor and consume large amounts of plating materials.
- In CONUS, razors are shipped via USPS Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box (includes tracking & $50 insurance) and invoiced at actual cost - currently $8.45 USD, but USPS will increase this to $9.45 on 1/9/22. Additional insurance may be purchased at actual cost
- International shipments are shipped via USPS First-Class International and invoiced at actual cost. Registration and insurance may be purchased at actual cost
FINISHES THAT REQUIRE ADDITIONAL PREPARATION
- Razors that are originally plated in chrome, silver or rhodium require additional preparation and will incur an upcharge of $20 USD for extra processing steps
- No service is offered for replating zinc-based (Zamak or pot metal) razors. Pot metal yields results that are too variable for a quality replating job